Severe service metal-seated ball valves for high temperature, abrasive and corrosive applications.
Features and benefits
The Velan Type L high-temperature metal-seated ball valve is well suited for a variety of demanding services where high-temperature and abrasive solids are present.
• Unique, patented single-seat ball valve design. The Velan single-seat ball valve has a flat spring set acting through a hardfaced bearing against the bottom ball shaft which provides sufficient initial ball-seat load for valve tightness, even at low delta P.
• The design provides freedom for thermal expansion of the ball without jamming, even at extreme temperatures.
• Proven in qualification tests and field operation to be solids - proof, even for the toughest applications on slurry service with solids.
• Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full delta P: ASME/ FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.
• Max. operating temperature: CF8M valves: 1,450°F (788°C). WCB valves: 800°F (426°C). Chrome Moly C5 or C12: 1,000°F (538°C).
• Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34.