Severe service metal-seated ball valves for high temperature, abrasive and corrosive applications.
Features and benefits
• Off-center split-body design allows the use of advanced spiral-wound gaskets.
• Maximum temperature for CF8M 1,000°F (538°C), for WCB 800°F (426°C).
• Full port ensures large capacity and reduces the risk of clogging when handling solids or slurries.
• Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34 and BS 5351 for NPS 2 - 12 (DN 50-300) ASME 150 and 300 full port only.
• Stem bearing reduces side thrust effect on packing and prevents stem wobbling.
• Integral seat locking option does not require additional parts or special tools.
• Scraper seats standard.
• Ball and seats lapped for optimum performance and tight shutoff.
• Low emission stem seal.
• Blowout-proof stem.
• Two-piece flanged gland. Live-loaded as standard.
• All valves with graphite packing and backup seal are inherently fire safe.
• Can be used for manual throttling applications. (For automation contact Velan Engineering.)
• Manual operation with handle for NPS 2 - 4 (DN 50 - 100) FP and NPS 3 - 6 (DN 80 - 150) RP. 6 NPS (DN 150) FP, NPS 8 (DN 200) RP and larger require gear or actuator. Gear or pneumatic actuator available.
• Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full ΔP: ASME/FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.
• Oversized ball to stem connection provides: no deformation of the stem slot in the ball; better throttling control performance; and less motion loss and wear in automatic on-off applications.