These compact self-contained control valves can be used to control cooling media to economically remove heat from equipment or a process. n general they can be used whenever accurate but low cost control is require. A common application for the US/S-XR is to control cooling media flow to a sample cooler in response to sample temperature.
The reverse acting US/S-XR valve’s Thermoloid® sensor/controller element may be placed in contact with the process line or pipe with the optional weld-o-let or band-o-let, or in the line with the integral ¾” NPT-M bushing. This allows the temperature element to be in contact with the process to control the valve and regulate the inflow of cooling media. Input temperatures can vary widely, but the control temperature is maintained within desired limits.
- Prevents process overheating
- Discharges minimum amount of media for temperature control
- Maintains optimal process temperature
- Quick and easy installation
- Long service life
- All stainless steel construction
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut off
- Unaffected by pressure variations