- Standard Pressure Range: 0.02 (.5” WC) to 1500 psig
- Ultra Low to Zero flow performance
- Standard Cv from 1E-11 to 0.01
- Standard 316L Stainless Steel Body; Hastelloy C and PTFE also available
- NPT, VCR/VCO type and Valco (low dead volume) ends available
- Wide Variety of Diaphragms Including PTFE, Polyimide, SS316
- Chemical Compatibility: Can be configured to meet your aggressive chemistry
- Highest available sensitivity and accuracy
The ZF Series Back Pressure Regulator ( BPR) extends Equilibar’s low flow performance down to effective zero flow while maintaining a very stable inlet pressure. While such incredibly low flow capability is not required for most laboratory applications, it is useful for reservoir core analysis and other lab reactor applications with microscopic, microfluidic, or intermittent flow rates.
Unlike traditional designs the patent-pending ZF works by using an elastomeric soft sealing mechanism with a novel seal support structure. At 1000 psig set-point (dome loading), for example, the device will typically hold between 1006 and 1008 psig on the inlet through an incredible 10 to 12 orders of flow rate magnitude. With absolute inlet flow shut-off (static reactor conditions), the regulator retains approximately 1002 psig.
The ZF Series is not suitable for all applications and has a narrow pressure and flow operating range. In order to maintain reasonable elastomeric seal life, flow rates less than 1 standard liter/minute and set-point pressures below 1500 psig are recommended. High temperatures can shorten seal life as well. Equilibar engineers will provide guidance in determining when the ZF Series is applicable.