SubCom® solutions for evaporative systems offer proven success in a variety of applications and industries.
With thermal efficiency levels at close to 100%, Inproheat’s SubCom®-based evaporative systems can provide quick payback over traditional fluid disposal and recycling methods. Our systems can evaporate and concentrate challenging fluids and slurries with high system availability. Water and heat recovery can also be incorporated into the system.
Evaporation Industry Focus
Industry leaders have been quick to adopt ultra-efficient SubCom® technology to evaporate corrosive liquids and slurries with direct contact heating.
To date, these clients exist primarily across the following industries:
Food and Beverage
The food and beverage industry generates a multitude of waste liquid streams. Through SubCom® evaporative systems, solution-based salts or consumable minerals can be concentrated and in some cases, recovered for reuse, thereby conserving raw materials and lowering costs of production. Furthermore, evaporated water can be condensed and reused, thereby reducing environmental pressures on our most valuable resource – water.
SubCom® Food and Beverage Applications include:
Oil and Gas
- Evaporation of RO Rejects for Food & Beverage
- Evaporation of excess brine in cow hide curing
- Heating of flume water in the sugar beat treatment process.
Inproheat Industries and Logic Energy Solutions have partnered through the benefits of SubCom® technology to serve the produced water treatment needs of the oil and natural gas extraction industries.
Treating and disposing of water produced from natural gas well sites is a costly part of production, especially when dealing with remote well sites. Together, Inproheat and Logic have developed a process that can efficiently reduce the volume of water to be disposed by 90-99%. Additionally, techniques have been developed and tested in extensive field trials to handle the resultant precipitated solids and contend with scaling.
Oil and gas applications for SubCom® include:
- Fracking flow back water evaporation
- Produced water evaporation from oil and gas wells
- RO Rejects for Oil & Gas operations
- Oil sands tailings pond water evaporation
In the mining industry, SubCom® direct evaporation solutions are ideal in a number of settings.
Our most common applications in mining projects are:
- Tailing pond water evaporation
- Solution concentration
- RO Rejects for metallurgical processes (e.g. electrowinning)
- Water treatment pond water freeze prevention
- Heating of wastewater in which elevated temperatures are required for treatment operations
SubCom® also has proven to be a cutting-edge direct evaporation solution for other industry applications like landfill leachate and RO Rejects.