Micro-Epsilon offers innovative measurement and inspection systems for the metals industry. Latest technologies are used for thickness, profile and surface measurements. Performance and quality, as well as reliability of products and services have made Micro-Epsilon one of the leading suppliers of inspection systems for optical thickness measurement used in the metals industry. Numerous, successful installations in 13 countries around the world in milling lines and processing lines speak for themselves.
Thickness measurement system for width measurement with laser line sensors – thicknessCONTROL MWS 8203.LLT
- Innovative laser line - non-contact thickness measurement with up to 1280 discrete measuring points
- Measuring with lateral micrometer resolution to the edges of narrow strips combined with a large measuring range
- Highly dynamic measurement - 128,000 measuring points/sec provide high precision even for structured material such as button plate and checker plate
- Recognition and compensation of strip tilting - particularly suitable for longitudinal slitting shears
- No alloy compensation required - real geometric, material-independent thickness measurement
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management - innovative measurements without isotopes or X-rays and thus low consequential costs
The operating principle of the thicknessCONTROL MWS 8203.LLT system is based on laser line triangulation scanners (i.e. profile sensor technology) that provide extremely high lateral resolution and therefore the required precision can be achieved. The highly dynamic positioning of two profile sensors at the edges of the strip to be measured enables high precision width measurements. These sensors measure the width synchronously using the distance measurement between both sensor positions. In the case of large widths, thermal expansion plays an important role and is compensated for by using an innovative concept that prevents the precision of the measuring systems being impaired by the width of the material to be measured. The 2D profile sensor not only recognizes the strip edge, but also knows the height information, enabling the sensor to account for possible tilting of the metal strip.
- Accuracy ± 20µm
- Working in combination with the thicknessCONTROL MTS 8201.LLT thickness measurement system, the upper thickness sensor can also be applied as a width sensor.