Micro-Epsilon offers innovative measurement and inspection systems for the metals industry. Latest technologies are used for thickness, profile and surface measurements. Performance and quality, as well as reliability of products and services have made Micro-Epsilon one of the leading suppliers of inspection systems for optical thickness measurement used in the metals industry. Numerous, successful installations in 13 countries around the world in milling lines and processing lines speak for themselves.
Thickness measurement systems as a O-frame with laser line sensors – thicknessCONTROL MTS 9201.LLT
- Innovative laser line - non-contact thickness measurement with up to 1280 discrete measuring points
- Measuring with lateral micrometer resolution to the edges of narrow strips combined with a large measuring range
- Highly dynamic measurement - 128,000 measuring points/sec provide high precision even for structured material such as button plate and checker plate
- Recognition and compensation of strip tilting - particularly suitable for longitudinal slitting shears
- No alloy compensation required - real geometric, material-independent thickness measurement
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management - innovative measurements without isotopes or X-rays and thus low consequential costs
thicknessCONTROL MTS 9201.LLT is specifically designed for harshest environments such as aluminum hot rolling mill applications. These systems stand out due to their solid steel frame. The optical sensors are water-cooled in order to ensure a longer service life. The integrated, electronic components remain in the specified temperature range, as the frame is purged with cold air. Another special feature is the patented, fully automatic monitoring of the linearity in the ‘parked’ position using a certified calibration standard. In this way, not only are thermal effects on the mechanics of the measuring frame monitored but also the factors affecting the sensor electronics, which are corrected automatically using a patented linearization process.
- Optionally expandable with vertical linear axis for measuring range extension
- Measuring rate up to 2kHz