Micro-Epsilon offers innovative measurement and inspection systems for the metals industry. Latest technologies are used for thickness, profile and surface measurements. Performance and quality, as well as reliability of products and services have made Micro-Epsilon one of the leading suppliers of inspection systems for optical thickness measurement used in the metals industry. Numerous, successful installations in 13 countries around the world in milling lines and processing lines speak for themselves.
- Innovative laser line - non-contact thickness measurement with up to 1280 discrete measuring points
- Measuring with lateral micrometer resolution to the edges of narrow strips combined with a large measuring range
- Highly dynamic measurement - 128,000 measuring points/sec provide high precision even for structured material such as button plate and checker plate
- Recognition and compensation of strip tilting - particularly suitable for longitudinal slitting shears
- No alloy compensation required - real geometric, material-independent thickness measurement
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management - innovative measurements without isotopes or X-rays and thus low consequential costs
Thickness measurement system as a C-frame with laser line sensors – thicknessCONTROL MTS 8202.LLT
The MTS 8202.LLT is equipped with laser triangulation scanners which means measurements are independent of the surface properties of the target material. Scaling or mirror effects of the metal surface are therefore absorbed. Furthermore, compared to point sensors, the system offers higher accuracy and a larger mouth width. Automatic inline calibration ensures that measurements are unaffected by temperature changes. The measurement line is arranged vertically to the material flow, enabling the system to cope with lateral strip tilting.
- Linearity of ±5 µm with measuring range of 40mm
- Mouth width 300mm
- Immersion depth 50mm to 800mm
- Special sizes on request
- Measuring rate up to 2kHz