Micro-Epsilon offers innovative measurement and inspection systems for the metals industry. Latest technologies are used for thickness, profile and surface measurements. Performance and quality, as well as reliability of products and services have made Micro-Epsilon one of the leading suppliers of inspection systems for optical thickness measurement used in the metals industry. Numerous, successful installations in 13 countries around the world in milling lines and processing lines speak for themselves.
- Innovative laser line - non-contact thickness measurement with up to 1280 discrete measuring points
- Measuring with lateral micrometer resolution to the edges of narrow strips combined with a large measuring range
- Highly dynamic measurement - 128,000 measuring points/sec provide high precision even for structured material such as button plate and checker plate
- Recognition and compensation of strip tilting - particularly suitable for longitudinal slitting shears
- No alloy compensation required - real geometric, material-independent thickness measurement
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management - innovative measurements without isotopes or X-rays and thus low consequential costs
Thickness measurement system as a C-frame with point laser – thicknessCONTROL MTS 7202.T
The MTS 7202.T is equipped with optoNCDT LL laser sensors, where the point-shaped laser beam is widened to a small line via a special cylindrical lens. The reflected light received is averaged using a special software algorithm. The interference caused by shiny metals is completely filtered out.
MTS 7202.T is available in two different performance classes, both based on laser triangulation technology with several measuring ranges and measurement widths.
The laser beams of both sensors are adjusted using a specially developed, optoelectronic tool offering the highest precision. Due to its high measuring rate, the system is ideal for monitoring highly dynamic processes. Automatic inline calibration ensures that measurements are not influenced by temperature.
- Accuracy from ±1.2µm
- Measuring ranges up to 50mm
- Immersion depth up to 500mm
- Special sizes on request
- Measuring rate up to 49kHz