- High-density Mutiplexing/Scanning (1x768 in a VXI Double-slot)
- Built-in Configuration Relays Expand the 1x16 Multiplexer Building Blocks
- Internal Capacitive Discharge Relays keep High Voltages from Disturbing Sensitive Measurement Points
- Extensive Signal Shielding Employed on PCBs for Excellent Signal Fidelity
- Break-Before-Make (BBM) and Make-Before-Break (MBB) Accomplished in Hardware, Considerably Improving Scanning Time
- 8 (1x8) 2-wire or 4x(1x8) 4-wire multiplexer
- 60WDC, 125VA
- More than 100 MHz Bandwidth
The SMP3001DS high-density multiplexer module is designed for scanning of multiple points to a common bus, in either 2- or 4-wire configurations, either synchronously with an instrument (i.e., using triggers), or asynchronously with individual relay control. Up to 384 2-wire channels can be accommodated in a double-slot VXIbus card (SMP1200) for maximum density, or mixed and matched with other SMIPII™ cards for flexibility. Applications include cable harness testing, semiconductor and PCB testing, and applications where multiple points need to be switched to a common resource. All relays also have individual relay control, and each path allows for 2A switching.
The SMP3001DS has internal residual voltage discharge relays which can be enabled to momentarily short out the measurement path when changing from one input channel to the next. This dissipates any voltage held by the wiring and instrument input capacitance. These relays protect sensitive devices, such as CMOS circuits, from residual voltages caused by previous high-voltage measurements. This feature can also be disabled in low-voltage applications where maximum throughput speed is important.