- Large Switching Capacity in a Small Footprint
- High Breakdown Voltage (2,000 Vrms between open contacts)
- Shielded Coaxial Signal Paths Improve Signal Integrity
- 75 Ohm Impedance for Communications Applications
- Fail-safe Interrupt Input on Front Panels for Emergency Safety Conditions
- 16 DPST 500V 75 ohm
- 1A Switch
- 2A Carry
- More than 35 MHz Bandwidth
The SMP2008 and SMP2009 have been designed for applications requiring high-voltage signal switching. These modules have also been designed with controlled 75 ohm shielded signal paths. This approach improves signal shielding, while making these modules ideal for switching CATV and other communication signals.
Up to 96 500V DPST or SPDT relays can be accommodated in two VXIbus card slots for maximum density, or mixed and matched with other SMIPII™ cards for flexibility.
All relays are driven from the VXIbus +5V supply line since VXIbus mainframes always have ample current capability on this supply line, as opposed to the +24 V or +12 V supply lines. Since these modules typically switch high voltage to the UUT or interface, a fail-safe interrupt input line is provided on the front panel that can open all relays automatically if a fault condition occurs. This approach instantly removes all power to the UUT or interface.