- Large Switching Capacity in a Small Footprint
- High Breakdown Voltage (1,000 Vrms between open contacts)
- Ideal for Switching AC or DC Power Supplies and Current Sources
- Fail-safe Interrupt Input on Front Panels for Emergency Safety Conditions
- Combine with Other SMP Modules within a Single or Double Slot VXI Card
- 20 SPST 16 A or 10 DPST 16A
- 250VAC, 125VDC
- 300W, 2000VA
- More than 20 MHz Bandwidth
The SMP2001A and SMP2002A 16 A switch modules are the first to break the 13 A switching barrier found on other VXI power switching cards. Up to 120 16 A SPST or 72 SPDT relays can be accommodated in two VXIbus card slots for maximum density, or mixed and matched with other SMIPII™ cards for flexibility. Some applications include: AC line power switching, switching of DC or AC power supplies, control or driving relays for industrial machines (robotics, numerical control machines), automotive engine control, and solenoid switching.
All relays are driven from the VXIbus +5 V supply line since VXIbus mainframes always have ample current capability on this supply line, as opposed to the +24 V or +12 V supply lines. Since these modules typically switch power to the UUT or interface, a fail-safe interrupt input line is provided on the front panel that can open all relays automatically if a safety condition occurs. This approach instantly removes all power to the UUT or interface.