Our Drop Shape Analyzer – DSA100 is our high-quality system solution for almost all tasks in the analysis of wetting and adhesion on solid surfaces. From the basic unit for precise measurement of the contact angle to the fully automatic expert instrument for serial measurement of surface free energy (SFE) we have the suitable DSA100 for your special requirements. We exactly match the individual, flexible and reliable components to your surfaces and processes.
Flexible solutions for your tasks
We have developed all components of the DSA100 to provide solution-oriented support in the investigation and optimization of wetting and adhesion behavior. With up to three axes for sample positioning, the sample is moved quickly and reproducibly to the measuring positions. Measurement of the contact angle with up to 8 liquids ensures maximum accuracy when determining the SFE. Our pressurized double-dosing unit allows measuring the SFE extremely fast and reliable, using our novel, scientifically validated dosing technique, the Liquid Needle.
Precisely controlled temperature and humidity chambers help to provide a realistic modeling of the process conditions. Our special sample tables optimize the investigation of wafers and ultrahydrophobic surfaces. High-tech solutions for optical components enable a time-saving, automatic image setup, and measurement of extremely fast wetting processes. They also allow measurements to be made on microscopically small samples.
Tasks and applications
Measuring methods and options
- Characterization of surface pre-treatment processes
- Investigation of the adhesion and stability of bonding and coating processes
- Investigation of coating substances in accordance with DIN 55660
- Checking the wettability of plastic, glass, ceramic, wood or metal
- Quality control for wafers and microelectronics
- Checking surface cleanliness
- Elasticity of liquid films
- Wetting of microscopically small surfaces
- Contact angle between a liquid and a solid
- Surface free energy from contact angles of several test liquids using all common models
- Static contact angle, advancing angle and receding angle
- Roll-off angle on hydrophobic and superhydrophobic surfaces
- Measurement of surface tension and liquid-liquid interfacial tension using the Pendant Drop method
- Temperature-controlled measurements from -30 to 400°C
- Measurements at controlled humidity
- Surface rheological measurements (modulus of elasticity E'; modulus of viscosity E')
- Wetting measurements on microscopically small surfaces