For Dilute Solution Viscosity of Polymers in Organic Solvents and Aqueous Solutions to 135 °C
PolyVISC® is a fully automated, benchtop capillary viscometer with an 11 position sample handler for unattended processing and testing of of dilute solution viscosity of polymers in organic solvents and aqueous solutions. The ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber provides temperature control from 20 °C to 135 °C (with available options).
Designed to meet specific polymer industry needs
- Thermoplastic elastomers
- Polymer blends
- Viscosity modifiers
Fully automated bench-top testing
- Standard unit is compatible with organic solvents and aqueous solutions. Upgrade to PVDF/PTFE components permits testing with highly aggressive solvents.
- On-board software with specialized polymer calculations determines relative, inherent, reduced and intrinsic viscosity
- Ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber with AIRBATH® technology provides excellent temperature control (±0.01 °C) from 20 °C to 100 °C (high temperature bath option provides range to 135 °C)
- Kinematic viscosity range: 0.3 mm2/s (cSt) to 20,000 mm2/s (cSt) in 100-fold increments. Special ranges available.
Compact, robust design
- User-friendly software controls the instrument and facilitates tasks such as sampling, measurement and viscometer tube washing.
- 11 position sample handler allows for unattended operation
- Automated processing reduces operator to operator variability
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- Bench-top design conserves valuable lab space
- Built-in thermoelectric cooling requires no external chiller
- Accurately measures viscosity of opague and transparent samples. Standard infrared sensors available for transparent samples and some opague samples.
- AIRBATH® chamber allows for rapid temperature and viscometer changes
- Uses either a modified Atlantic compound viscometer tube (applicable for most samples) or a modified Ubbelohde tube (for volatile samples)
- Volatile sample testing option provides protection from solvent evaporation to enhance test precision and reduce the presence of toxic or corrosive vapors in the AIRBATH® chamber