The Greene, Tweed Enerlip® and Enerlip HP are high-performance, low leakage, pressure-variable seals developed to combine low breakaway friction with ease of installation.
The unidirectional seal consists of a specially shaped elastomeric energizer with a mating PTFE-type heel bearing. At low pressure the Enerlip functions as a partially capped, single-acting elastomer lip seal. The elastomeric element’s wide footprint provides excellent sealing capability. As pressure increases, the elastomeric element is forced up the ramp of the PTFE element, reducing the elastomeric footprint length to provide lower friction and wear. At high pressure the Enerlip acts as an activated PTFE seal, with optimum sealing action at pressures from 0 to 8,000 psi (0 to 550 bar).
Features & Benefits
- The elastomeric footprint is reduced as the elastomeric element is forced up the PTFE ramp, providing lower friction and wear
- The wiping action of the elastomeric element provides effective leakage control compared to conventional cap seals
- Functions as a pressure-actuated cap capable of withstanding high pressures
- Functions as a partially capped, single-acting, elastomeric lip seal capable of withstanding low pressures
- Provides for optimized sealing across the pressure range leading to resistance to wear and extrusion
- Unidirectional design ensures no pressure entrapment when used in tandem seal arrangements
- Tandem seal design applications found in utility and landing gear actuation systems
- Primary and secondary flight control systems