Greene, Tweed’s RSR™ rod or piston seal features a specially engineered elastomer profile that provides exceptional “dry rod” sealing under dynamic conditions. The RSR’s endless, trapezoidal wedge-shaped back-up ring has an exceptionally wide shear section to ensure excellent resistance to extrusion. In addition, the back-up ring’s shape generates a force vector under pressure,
thereby eliminating the extrusion gap. The result: very low leakage and fewer sealing problems.
The RSR seal excels in brake applications where the trapezoidal shape provides a natural pull back on the brake piston, therefore making piston design less complicated.
Features & Benefits
- Combination of elastomer and back-up ring design ensures excellent resistance to extrusion and elastomer nibbling
- Specially designed elastomer heel provides pull back in some dynamic applications, making the seal perfect for brake applications
- Provides exceptional dry rod sealing in dynamic applications resulting in extremely tight leakage control
- High-performance utility actuators
- Door actuators
- Thrust reverser systems applications