Using FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and expertise in seal design, Greene, Tweed has taken the concept behind our renowned AGT® seal, optimized the design of the elastomer and anti-extrusion rings, and developed an Advanced Concept T-ring (ACT).
The ACT® ring is designed with converging sides in order to promote lubrication for reduced friction and wear, with an apex for force concentration under low-pressure conditions to optimize sealing. The design also enhances oil film passage upon the retract stroke for lubrication of the apex of the elastomer. Our in-house tests demonstrate service life increases by as much as 30 percent over some alternative seal designs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Improved stability in gland, resulting in reduced stress in the elastomer for enhanced sealing performance
- Specially tapered elastomer side wall design reduces friction and promotes efficient seal lubrication ultimately leading to longer seal life
- Hydromechanically activated, anti-extrusion rings for enhanced extrusion protection at all sealing pressures
- The wide static footprint of the “T” geometry cross-section eliminates spiral failure
- Retrofits existing MIL-G-5514/AS4716 and AS4832 glands
- Metric series available for metric-sized designs
- Accumulators and reservoirs
- Actuators (e.g., door actuators)
- Flight controls (e.g., spoilers, rudders, aileron, etc.)
- Landing gear actuator subsystems (e.g., end caps and static seals, etc.)
- Landing gear spare dynamic seals
- Landing gear dynamic seals