HIGH-SQUEEZE AGT RINGS FOR
STATIC APPLICATIONS UTILIZING AS5857 GLANDS
Greene, Tweed’s AGT® S+ rings have been specifically designed in response to the current SAE AS5857 standard. The AS5857 specification details gland designs that work efficiently and effectively in both high- and low-pressure static applications that require high-squeeze sealing.
A high-squeeze seal can be utilized to overcome demanding application requirements such as:
- The need for efficient low-pressure sealing
- Frequent cold temperature excursions
- Low seal swell conditions
- Excessive hardware laydown or eccentricities
The AGT S+ is based on the classic AGT geometry that has been successfully used in a variety of Aerospace applications, and with this high-squeeze option, performance and reliability are now assured.
The separation of the sealing and anti-extrusion components allows Greene, Tweed to finely tune the large range material properties available from our formulated elastomer, Avalon® (PTFE) and Arlon® (PEEK) ranges to ensure optimum sealing and extrusion resistance in the most challenging and harsh environments.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Increased squeeze levels as compared to AS4716 in order to provide more effective static sealing in low-temperature (and low swell) conditions
- Superior stability, extrusion resistance and service life over standard O-ring seals for extended service life
- Suitable for a wide range of temperature environments, including cold temperature excursions
- Equally effective as both a bidirectional or unidirectional seal, offering user more versatility
- Extrusion resistance even in “0” back-up ring width grooves, allowing for use in smaller gland widths
- Suitable for system pressures up to 8,000 psi (552 bar), allowing for use in newer application designs
- Designed specifically for AS5857 glands