With over 500 PTFE compounds to choose from and with a unique manufacturing process, our PTFE shaft seals can be tailored specifically to the final application. To cover a broader range of applications, including the Food and Pharmaceutical industries, we have two standard ranges available on short lead times.
Why PTFE Shaft Seals?
PTFE shaft seals are the perfect choice when it comes to sealing applications with demanding operational parameters. Using high performance fillers, our PTFE shaft seals are able to operate in environments that are too severe for elastomer solutions to be considered.
Applications with high peripheral speeds, high pressure, low friction, dry running or with an extended service requirement, are all ideal cases to specify a PTFE solution. Lip geometries can be infinitely varied to precisely match the operational conditions, giving an unrivalled solution without compromise. Seals are generally metal caged for ease of installation although other solutions are available should the application require an alternative approach.
Our PTFE shaft seals can be tailored specifically to the final application. Two standard ranges of PTFE shaft seal are available on short lead times;
Advantages of PTFE Shaft Seals:
- Our HN2390 range covers applications up to 20m/s and pressures up to 10 bar.
- Our HN2580 extends the speed range to 30m/s with a pressure limit of 0.5bar.
Higher pressures and speeds are also possible with custom designs.
Common Applications of PTFE Shaft Seals:
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Broad temperature range -60⁰C to +200⁰C
- Suitable for low lube and dry running conditions
- High wear resistance of seal lip
- Special designs for low power losses
- Suitable for high peripheral speeds
- Low stick slip
- FDA approval
- Rotary compressors
- Dosing systems