The UNHT, ultra-high resolution nanoindenter, is used to examine the mechanical properties of a material at the nanoscale. The UNHT virtually eliminates the effect of thermal drift and compliance due to its unique patented active surface referencing system. Therefore, it is perfectly suited for long-term measurements on all types of materials, including polymers, very thin layers and soft tissues.
Sophisticated design, highest resolution
- Active top referencing (patented design)
The reference is removable and can be of different shapes (ball, pin, etc.). The reference has its own piezo actuator and load sensor and applies a very small controlled (servo loop) load on the sample.
- Free of thermal drifts
- The head is made of ZeroDur® glass and the electronics system has a drift rate of ≈ 1 ppm/°C
- Highest load frame stiffness due to the marble base platform, the choice of materials (ZeroDur®) and the patented active top referencing.
- Two independent depth and load sensors: ultra-high resolution capacitive sensors for “True Depth” and “Load Control” modes.
- Ultra-high resolution and very low noise floor.
Depth resolution: 0.001 nm, noise floor ≈ 0.1 nm
Force resolution: 0.01 μN, noise floor ≈ 0.5 µN
- Perfect positional synchronization with a high-quality optical video microscope and/or an optional Atomic Force Microscope (AFM).
The combination of the Ultra Nanoindentation Tester head, the optical microscope and the AFM objective provides great flexibility and ease-of-use, as well as accurate three-dimensional imaging at the nanometer scale.
- Compliant to ISO 14577 and ASTM E2546
- Vacuum or environmental control enclosure (humidity)
- Acoustic damping enclosure
- Atomic Force Microscope
|Max. force||100 mN|
|Max. depth||100 μm|
|Load frame stiffness||>> 10
|International standards||ISO 14577, ASTM E2546, etc.|