- 8 independent 16-bit D/A converters per instrument for high speed signal generation
- Up to 100 kSa/s Arbitrary Waveform Generation with internal programmable clock
- ±20V and ±10V output ranges
- FIFO mode allows high-speed uninterrupted data output
- Data storage and scan lists speed testing
- Extensive triggering capability
- SCPI compatible
- VXIplug&play Drivers
The VM3608A provides 8 independent channels of a digital to analog converters (DACs) with 16 bits of resolution. Each channel consists of an independent DAC combined with an output amplifier. Along with static output operation, the VM3608A provides a FIFO mode where the selected channels can accept and output a continuous stream of data. The VM3608A also offers arbitrary waveform generation (AWG) mode which supports sophisticated looping and branching to build complex waveforms without the system controller’s intervention. The data may be paced out of the instrument by using either a user-supplied clock or the internal programmable timer.
This module is part of the VMIP™ family of instruments and can be combined with up to two other modules to form a high-density VXIbus instrument that fully utilizes the capabilities of the VMIP™.