- 8 independently isolated 16-bit D/A converters per instrument
- 5 output ranges: ± 10V, ± 16V, 0-20V, 0-32V and ± 20mA
- >100 kSa/s using direct register access mode
- Up to 24 isolated D/A converters per single VXIbus C-size slot
- Extensive triggering capability
- Simplified testing with scan lists that can store predefined sequence of values
- On-board storage of calibration constants
- SCPI compatible
- VXIplug&play drivers
The VM3618 instrumentation module provides eight independent isolated channels of a digital to analog converter (DAC), each with 16 bits of resolution. Each channel consists of a DAC combined with an output amplifier that allows for output voltage ranges of ±10 V, ±16 V, (0-20) V, and (0-32) V. In addition to providing precision voltages, the VM3618 also provides precision current in the ±20 mA range. Each channel may be programmed to a unique range. Multiple channels can be connected in series to provide extended voltage ranges. For example, channels 1 and 2 can be connected to provide a single output with a range of (0-64) V or ±32 V.
This module is part of the VMIP™ family of instruments and can be combined with up to two other modules to form a high-density VXIbus instrument that fully utilizes the capabilities of the VMIP™.