Air Knives deliver a flat sheet of amplified air designed to:
- Efficiently blow off water and debris from wide surfaces
- Provide high speed drying or cooling
- Kill static, with an added static neutralizing bar on the Ionizing Air Knife.
Air Knives are air amplifiers, using a small amount of filtered compressed air to deliver a powerful, high velocity, laminar sheet of air over wide areas such as moving webs, film, sheets, strips, auto bodies and other large assemblies and objects. Vortec’s patented design produces increased thrust and velocity, reduced noise and excellent uniformity.
These knives add a static neutralizing bar, to discharge static to clean surfaces of dust, shavings and debris more effectively. The static neutralizing bar generates positive and negative charged ions that are carried to the target in a uniform sheet of amplified air. Ionizing Air Knives kill the static build up that can attract dust and contaminants that ruin a painted or coated surface; and stop static discharges which can damage electronic equipment and shock personnel.
- More uniform blow off of large surfaces than nozzles or jets
- Dries surfaces quickly and thoroughly
- Costs significantly less than fans or blowers
- Inherently safe, with no guards or rotating equipment
- Reduced compressed air usage, versus open nozzles
- Easily controlled output
- Quiet – meets OSHA requirements
- No electrical connections at the target site
- Easily mounted and moved
- Give a cleaner surface for painting or coating
- 25 times air amplification over compressed air input
- High performance, patented design gives high thrust
- Interchangeable shims enable air flow to be adjusted for the specific application
- Ionizing Air Knives available in lengths of 6, 12, 18 and 24 inches (152, 305, 457, 610 mm)
- Single compressed air inlet up to 12 inch (305 mm) length; dual inlet on longer models
- Instant on/off
- No moving parts; no maintenance
- Quiet – meets OSHA noise specifications