The VXI-1394 is a VXI from National Instruments.
- VXI plug & play-compliant
- Complete VXI interface from any PCI computer
- VXI Slot 0 capability, including Resource Manager
- Optimized for register-based communication
- Word-serial (message-based) communication
- Direct trigger and interrupt control
- Direct access to VXI memory space
- Bidirectional VXI transfers
- High-performance DMA transfers using the MITE ASIC
- 12 MB/s sustained throughput across FireWire and VXI
- Capable of routing VXI-compliant external CLK10 source to the backplane
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT/XP/Me/98
- Measurement Studio
Driver Software (included)
The National Instruments VXI-1394 interface kit links any PCI-based computer directly to the VXIbus using the IEEE 1394 (FireWire) high-speed serial bus. The VXI-1394 interface kit makes your computer perform as though it were plugged directly into the VXI backplane, giving your external computer the capability of an embedded computer. The VXI plug & play-compliant VXI-1394 kit comes complete with the NI-VXI/NI-VISA for Windows 2000/XP to simplify your VXI system development. NI-VXI/NI-VISA software features intuitive tools for troubleshooting and debugging VXI systems and programming libraries compatible with hundreds of industry-standard instrument drivers.