The CPA100 is a high-precision capacitive, noncontact proximity switch with a nonlinear analog output. The analog output provides linear position sensor feedback while the precision repeatable switched output alerts operators and systems to conditions. Rectangular and cylindrical probes provide options for a variety of applications. Vacuum compatible systems are available.
High-Speed Analog Output for Linear Position Monitoring
High-Repeatability Proximity Switched Output
- 0-10 V Output
- 15 kHz Bandwidth
- Resolution: CPA100: 0.03% RMS @ 15 kHz @ mid-range
- Resolution: CPA100e: 0.3 µm RMS or higher @ 15 kHz @ mid-range
Configurable for Your Application
- Setpoint/Switched Output (Switch Closure)
- Adjustable Gain and Zero/Switch-Point
- Repeatability as low as 1 micron
- Ranges Available: 50 µm - 12.5 mm
- External Gain and Zero adjustment connections
- DIN Rail Case
- Multiple Channel Sync (requires sync cable kit)
- Standard Probes can be ordered as vacuum compatible.
Life-Cycle Status: Active
Because of high resolutions, exports of the CPA100 may require an export license.
The CPA100e has different resolution specifications and can ship without export license delays.
Proximity Sensors and Displacement Sensors
Proximity sensors are often used for simple presence/absence detection - this is why they are often called proximity "switches." But some applications require higher performance measurement. Applications where the difference between present and absent may only be a few microns require higher resolution sensors than a typical proximity switch. The CPA100 can resolve a target's position to less than 50 microns and do so at up to 15 kHz. It also provides a nonlinear analog output to provide feedback proportional to the target's position.