- 16-bit resolution A/D
- Up to 500kHz sampling rate
- 16 single-ended or 8 differential analog inputs
- 10 input ranges, unipolar or bipolar
- A/D starts from software, timer and external trigger
- Single channel or scan A/D modes
- On-board calibration reduces A/D converter offset and gain errors
- Noise reduction with channel oversampling
- Over-voltage protection of -40V to +55V
- 1024 sample data FIFO for A/D
- Two 12-bit D/A outputs and 16 high-current digital I/O lines
- DAC error calibration
- 16-bit programmable counter/timer
- FIFO up to 4K sample
- Programmable amplifier with gains of 1, 10, 100, and 1000
- Onboard DC/DC converter enables operation from a single +5V power supply
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to + 85°C)
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The 104-AIO16A is a high-performance 16-bit resolution PC/104 board which provides speeds up to 500kHz for 16 single-ended or 8 true differential analog input channels. This multifunction board features an excellent price/performance value for precision PC/104-based data acquisition, control, or signal analysis of standalone environmental test stations, compact production test equipment, portable testers, avionics and other applications.
The 104-AIO16A features 10 standard analog input ranges. The module also offers on-board hardware oversampling for additional noise reduction. In addition to direct data transfers, the board’s ability to trigger the A/D in real time assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations—an essential requirement for signal, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short periods of time. The A/D is supported by a 1024-sample FIFO (optional 2, 4k samples) for reducing processor overhead. Sixteen parallel bits of digital I/O and two 12-bit DAC outputs allow for a complete, high-performance data acquisition solution.
Analog to digital conversion starts or “A/D starts” are issued one of three ways: Software Start, Timer Start, or External Trigger Start. A/D starts are software configured to be either rising or falling edge. Additionally, A/D starts are software configured to be Single Channel or Scan. Single Channel samples data once from the next consecutive channel within the enabled set. A Scan samples data from all channels within the set at the fastest possible rate.
- Equipment monitoring
- Environmental measurements
- Embedded OEM
- Industrial Automation
- Precision Measurement
- Analysis, Monitoring, and Control
Available accessories include a wide variety of cables and screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity.
The 104-AIO16A is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux and Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/8.1 compatible software package. This contains sample programs and source code in "C" and Pascal for DOS, and Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also included is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from any user level via an open source kernel driver.