- 8, 4, and 2-port PCI-104 serial communication boards
- High performance octal PCI UART
- Field selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 protocols, jumper configured per port
- Speeds up to 1.8432Mbps in RS-422/485 modes (RS-232 up to 921.6 kbps)
- 16550 compatible register set with 64-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- ±15kV ESD protection on all RS-232 signal pins
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Auto-RTS feature makes half-duplex RS-485 communication effortless
- Fixed bias and jumper selectable termination provided on each RS-422/485 transmit and receive channel
- Software compatible with all operating systems as standard COM port
- RS-485 full-duplex (4-wire) fully supported
- RS-422/RS-485 only versions
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to +85°C)
- Fast RS-232 version up to 921.6k
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The 104I-COM-8SM (PCI-104) family of multi-port, multi-protocol (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485), serial communication boards deliver up to eight high-speed serial communication ports for use in a wide variety of applications. The boards were developed for use by system integrators and manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems. Based on the XR17D158, the boards have eight enhanced 16550 UARTs, each with a set of modem signals (CTS, RTS, RI, DTR, DSR, CD) in RS-232 mode. Each UART has both a 64 byte transmit and a 64 byte receive FIFO. Ports are accessed via two 40-pin IDC type right angle header connectors. 2 and 4-port versions are available, as well as RS-232 only models.
The 104I-COM-8SM Series are feature-rich and allow for the connection of multiple serial devices—ideal for a variety of applications such as POS, gaming systems, retail, hospitality, automation, kiosks, defense industries, high-density networking, or any other application requiring the connection of RS-232/422/485 serial devices to a PCI-104 compatible system. ACCES offers the 104I-COM-8SM, 4SM, and 2SM in both standard and extended temperature versions ideal for outdoor applications, harsh industrial surroundings, or military use.
Available accessories include a broad range of cable assemblies, screw terminal boards, adapters, and enclosure/system solutions for quick and easy embedded application setup.
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, latching and/or right-angle I/O connectors, RJ45 connectivity, longer breakout cables, custom baud rates, custom software, etc... we will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
The 10I-COM-8SM family of boards are supported by all operating systems as standard serial ports. All boards include a free DOS, Linux and Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible software package with sample programs and source code in "C" and Pascal for DOS, and Visual Basic, Delphi, C#, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also provided is a graphical option configuration program in Windows. An easy-to-use Windows terminal program simplifies verification of proper operation. Linux support includes installation files and samples for register-level programming in "C".