- PC/104-Plus (PCI-104 Optional)
- 48 or 96 Channel TTL-DTL high speed digital I/O
- Software selectable in vs. out as 8 bit and 4 bit ports
- Emulates 4 industry standard 8255 PPIs (mode 0)
- Full 32-bit PCI interface design
- Buffered circuits for higher driving capacity
- Low CPU overhead
- Known power-up states
- Output port status read back
- Standard 50-pin IDC connectors (x4)
- 0 to +70° C and -40 to +85° C versions available
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
Each I/O line of this card is buffered and capable of sourcing 32mA, or sinking 64mA. The board simulates Programmable Peripheral Interface chips (PPI) to provide a computer interface to digital I/O lines. Each PPI supports two 8-bit ports (A, B) and two 4-bit ports (Chi, Clow). Each port can be configured to function as either input or output latches. The I/O line buffers (types 74ABT240 and 74ABT245) are configured automatically by hardware logic for input or output according to the PPI Control Register direction software assignment.
Outputs of the I/O buffers are pulled up through 10KO resistors to +5VDC.
I/O wiring connections are via 50-pin headers on the board. This provides compatibility with OPTO-22, Gordos, Potter & Brumfield, Western Reserve Controls, etc. module mounting racks. Every second conductor of the flat cables is grounded to minimize crosstalk between signals. If needed for external circuits, +5VDC power is available on each I/O connector at pin 49. If you use this power, we recommend that you include a 1A fast blow fuse in your circuits in order to avoid possible damage to the host computer.
The card occupies 32 addresses within the PCI I/O space. The base address is assigned by the system. Refer to the Option Selection Section of this manual for a detailed description.