The construction of SILBRADE enables silicone tubing to handle increased pressure applications. SILBRADE offers outstanding resistance to temperature extremes and is made from raw materials that meet FDA requirements.
The flexible design and construction of SILBRADE also allows excellent bend radii and permits installation in restricted spaces without impeding flow.
SILBRADE, a peroxide-cured product, contains no sulphur or other acid-producing chemicals thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating other materials it contacts. It is also resistant to ozone and U.V. over long time periods.
Care is recommended in the selection of fittings and clamps, as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the hose wall and possibly cause a failure, especially at elevated pressures.
SILBRADE may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
SILBRADE is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within the walls of silicone tubing
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -99°F to 350°F
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Excellent weatherability properties — resists U.V., ozone, gases, moisture, and extreme temperatures
- Offers far higher pressure capabilities than similarly-sized unreinforced silicone tubing
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates; REACH and RoHS compliant