SILBRADE MEDICAL's construction consists of a core of silicone elastomer, an open polyester braid reinforcing layer, and a cover layer of silicone elastomer. Good manufacturing procedures, including lot traceability, are applicable to all Class VI ingredients. SILBRADE MEDICAL is a peroxide-cured product.
The hose's smooth bore, coupled with its resistance to allow material to adhere to the tube wall, facilitates easy cleaning and system purging.
^SILBRADE MEDICAL may be low pressure sterilized in-line or autoclaved up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps, as sharp barbed fittings or unlined clamps could tear into the hose wall and possibly cause a failure, especially at elevated pressures.
Peroxide-cured SILBRADE MEDICAL hose is supplied in individual, non-sterile, heat-sealed polybags and should be sterilized prior to use.
SILBRADE MEDICAL is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within the walls of silicone tubing
- Finished product meets USP Class VI requirements
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -99°F to 350°F
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Manufactured under good manufacturing procedures in a controlled environment
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- REACH and RoHS compliant