- Tubulation: 3/4", 1" Pyrex® or Nonex® Glass or 3/4", 1" Kovar®, flanges are available
- Envelope: Nonex, platinum-coated interior
- Mounting Position: Vertical
- Collector: .005" Tungsten
- Filament: Thoria-coated Iridium or Tungsten
- Grid: Tungsten helix configuration
- Sensitivity for N2: 10/Torr
- X-ray Limit: 2 x 10-10 Torr
- Operating Pressure: 2 x 10-10 to 1 x 10-3 Torr
- Electron Bombardment Degas: 70 Watts
- Resistance Heated Degas: 6.3 to 7.5 volts @ 10 amps
- Bake-out Temperature: 250° C
Type 8142 is a versatile gauge constructed with a rugged bi-filar grid and a thoriated iridium filament. The interior of the tube is platinum-coated, shielding the gauge components from electrostatic and static charges which can occur in various operating conditions. This gauge contains a burn-out resistant, thoriated iridium filament. It is also available in a rugged, long-life design described in the special gauge section.
- Pyrex® is a registered trademark of Corning.
- Nonex® is a registered trademark of Corning.
- Kovar® is a registered trademark of Westinghouse Electric Corp.