- Built-in Business-Class Support—G.SHDSL.bis high-bandwidth (5.7 Mbps per pair, TC-PAM 32). Multicast support and QoS traffic management.
- QoS—Traffic classification with shaping and policing; 802.1p VLAN priority; ToS/DiffServ stripping and priority queuing.
- 24 G.SHDSL.bis Ports—Allows for right size deployment with the best port per card ratio. Easily scale by adding cards.
- Per-Port Configuration—To facilitate the provisioning and tailoring of services, ports are independently selectable to the required port speeds.
- Management Features—Configurable alarm reporting with SNMP traps, CLI over TELNET, SSH, or Console.
- Made in the USA—This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
Patton’s EFM ForeFront™ chassis blade, 3310RC, offers high-speed, reliable configurable Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) access links with 24 copper-pair ports.
Each G.bis copper pair supports 192 kbps to 5.7 Mbps. Create high bandwidth access channels by EFM bonding (2BASE-TL) up to 4 ports (IEEE 802.3ah) yielding 22.8 Mbps. The 3310RC EFM blade integrates an HTTP server for management access via any standard browser. Without a single point of failure in a chassis installation, all cards remain accessible though another card is removed. Dual GigEthernet uplink ports and the packet-switched mid-plane bus (for Ethernet traffic) ensures traffic delivery, and robust performance in various failure modes.
The FF3310RC EFM blade can be installed in any Patton 2U, 4U, or 6U ForeFront Access System chassis, including ForeFront systems already deployed with legacy services. The ForeFront solution offers a migration path from legacy services to premium Carrier Ethernet services in the same chassis.
All ForeFront chassis support N+1 redundant power with integrated cooling and hot swappable blades for easy maintenance without disruption to actively deployed services.
Providers leverage the EFM blade’s capabilities to delivery premium symmetric services for IP-based voice, video, and data services with QoS flow management. Also supported are 802.1p/Q VLAN priority classes, and VLAN-stacking (“Q-in-Q”) to ensure transparent extension of VLAN multiplexed services.
Multi-Port Security Ethernet Extension Application The Extreme FullPipe™—configured with ForeFront™ 3310RC cards— provides 312 G.SHDSL.bis links in a 6U chassis. Whether delivering LAN extension services or Internet access, the ForeFront™ 3310RC is interoperable with Patton CPE as well as with third-party solutions.