Designed for demanding virtualization and database workloads, the B420 M4 combines a large memory footprint with 4-socket scalability, using the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 and v3 product family. The blade server supports 2400 and 2133 MHz DDR4 memory and utilizes Cisco UCS virtual interface card technology to achieve up to 160 Gbps aggregate I/O bandwidth, all in a dense, full-width blade form factor.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to four Cisco UCS B420 M4 Blade Servers, supporting 12 TB of memory and 352 CPU cores per 5108 Blade Server Chassis.
- Ideal for demanding database and virtualization workloads
- Dense 4-socket building block for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Full-width form factor combines configuration flexibility and performance
- Uses Cisco UCS virtual interface card (VIC) technology to help ensure network visibility down to the virtual NIC
- Cisco SingleConnect technology can enable one connection for LAN, SAN, and systems management