The enterprise-class Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server delivers market-leading performance, versatility, and density without compromise for memory-intensive mission-critical enterprise applications and virtualized workloads, among others.
With the B480 M5, you can quickly deploy stateless physical and virtual workloads with the programmability that Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco® SingleConnect technology enable. With support for the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors; up to 6 terabytes (TB) of memory; four SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives; M.2 storage; up to four GPUs, and 160 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for I/O throughput, the B480 M5 offers exceptional performance, flexibility, and I/O throughput to run your most demanding applications.
The B480 M5 is a full-width blade server supported by the Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis. The 5108 chassis and the Cisco B-Series Blade Servers provide inherent architectural advantages:
- Through Cisco UCS, gives you the architectural advantage of not having to power, cool, manage, and purchase excess switches (management, storage, and networking), Host Bus Adapters (HBAs), and Network Interface Cards (NICS) in each blade chassis
- Reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by removing management modules from the chassis, making the chassis stateless
- Provides a single, highly available Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) management domain for all system chassis and rack servers, reducing administrative tasks
The Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server delivers flexibility, density, and expandability in a 4-socket, full-width form factor for enterprise and mission-critical applications. It offers:
- Four Intel® Xeon® Scalable CPUs (up to 28 cores per socket)
- 2666-MHz DDR4 memory and 48 DIMM slots with up to 6 TB using 128-GB DIMMs
- Cisco FlexStorage® storage subsystem
- Five mezzanine adapters and support for up to four GPUs
- Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1340 modular LAN on Motherboard (mLOM) and upcoming fourth-generation VIC mLOM
- Internal Secure Digital (SD) and M.2 boot options