The passive WG 25 repeater power supply is loop-powered. It is used for galvanic hazardous area isolation of a 2-wire supply line and transmits both 4 ... 20 mA and HART ® signals in each direction. With a voltage drop of just 4.2 V, the WG 25 uses the supply optimally so that all common 2-wire transmitters can be connected.
Compared with active repeater power supplies, it has considerable price and reliability advantages. For example, only a central, safe-area power supply that does not even need Safe Isolation is required even for multi-channel systems.
Using Knick TransShield ® technol- ogy, the WG 25 has specifications that have not yet been achieved by passive repeater power supplies:
- Extremely high reliability, MTTF of 300 years
- Safe Isolation, transient protection
- 10 kV test voltage (optional)
- High electromagnetic compatibility
- Extremely low residual ripple and common-mode interference
- Excellent pulse formation
- Hazardous-/safe-area isolation