Type HFEMS liquidtight flexible shielding conduit is designed for field installations where safety concerns exist regarding a material’s reaction in a fire situation. The specially formulated thermoplastic polyurethane jacket has excellent flame retardancy and low smoke characteristics. Acidic gases such as hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride and hydrogen bromide are virtually eliminated as products of combustion.
- 3/8” – 4” Fully Interlocked Profile
- Zero Halogen Polyurethane
- Resistant to Ozone, Hydrocarbons, Moderate Chemicals and Oils
- Flame Retardant
- Low Smoke
- Low Toxicity
- Sunlight Resistant (UV)
- Meets the requirements of Bombardier SMP 800-C for Toxic Gas Generation.
- Meets the requirements of both ASTM E162 for Flame Spread and ASTM E662 for Smoke Generation
- Accepts Standard Metallic Liquidtight Fittings
- Designed for wiring applications requiring shielding effectiveness from Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI)
HFEMS is a trademark of Electri-Flex Company, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Combustion & Flammability Properties
|COMBUSTION & FLAMMABILITY||TEST||VALUE|
|Vertical Burn (Material)||UL94||V-0 Rating; No Flaming Drips|
|Vertical Burn (Conduit)||UL360||Pass; No Flaming Drips|
|Oxygen Index %||D2863||28.5|
|Flame Spread Index||ASTM E162||25; No Flaming Drips|
|Smoke Generation (Flaming)||ASTM E662 (NFPA 258)||Ds email@example.com Min/Ds firstname.lastname@example.org Min|
|Smoke Generation (Non-Flaming)||ASTM E662 (NFPA 258)||Ds email@example.com Min/Ds firstname.lastname@example.org Min|
|Toxic Gas Generation||BOMBARDIER SMP 800-C||Pass|
|Toxicity Index||NES 713||3.9|
* Test data is based on controlled laboratory conditions and does not necessarily reflect performance in actual fire conditions. Additional product information available upon request.