Arizona Sealing Devices, Inc. Compound Designation: ZT
Standard Color: Black
Description: HNBR is the product of the hydrogenation of Nitrile, resulting in varying degrees of saturation of the polymeric chain, with accompanying varying degrees of enhanced physical strength and chemical resistance properties.
- ALL oil resistant applications, including exposure to such oil additives as detergents, anti-oxidants and anti-wear agents.
- Exposure to oil soured with metal sludge.
- Seals for oil well applications.
- Seals for automotive fuel handling systems.
- Seals for general industrial usage.
Standard Compound: -30° to +300°F (Dry Heat Only)
Special Compound: -76° to +347°F
Hardness (Shore A): 50 to 90
Features: Compounds can be formulated for service temperature ranging from -85°F to +350°F. Like Nitrile, increasing acrylonitrile content improves oil resistance at a cost of reduced low temperature performance. HNBR offers improved physical properties and better ozone resistance to Buna-N compounds. HNBR should be used when oil seals are also exposed to weather or environmental ozone.
Limitations: Like Nitrile, HNBR is not recommended for exposure to ethers, esters, ketones, or chlorinated hydrocarbons.