Industrial robotics, Machine vision, Quality control applications, Group viewing, Electronics fabrication of printed circuit boards, Wire bonders, Computer related production and testing techniques and Three Coordinate Measuring Machines all require the Micro-Video-Zoom-Objective Lens offering a broad magnification range for video use.
To function properly in such varied applications, the lens system must have excellent resolution and stay in focus over its entire zoom range. Realizing these needs, Titan Tool has computer designed the Micro-Video-Zoom-Objective System. The Titan System is not a stereo microscope lens reapplied, but rather is designed especially for video applications. Using this approach, we are able to offer more features that broaden the System's application range, make it easier to use and lower the retail price.
- The Zoom Lens is available with a choice of 6 different sub lenses, magnifications .35X, .5X, .75X, 1X, 1.5X and 2X. They allow for a broad range of magnification, fields of view and working distances. The Micro-Video-Zoom-Objective is not furnished with a standard front sub lens. You order what you need together with the Zoom Objective. This allows for a flatter field, brighter and sharper image and better resolution. For many applications, the 1X sub lens is sufficient, but this can be varied dependent on your application.
- In addition, Titan offers the choice of .67X, 1X or 2X Video Adapters to further expand the range of magnifications, Each video adapter is compatible with any of the six available sub lenses allowing total magnification of the Zoom System to be as low as .17X or as high as 18X at the camera focal plane. Fields of View go from a minimum of 0.02" using the 2X sub lens and 2X video adapter to a maximum of 1.79" with the .35X sub lens and .67X adapter. The choice of video adapter does not affect working distance of the system. Please refer to the optical data table below to help you select the exact combination of magnifications, working distances and fields of view to best suit your application.
- The Optical Path Bender bends the optical path of the Zoom Lens, TZOVA to the Video Adapter VATZ67 or VATZ1 or VATZ2 at 90 Degrees and considerably shortens the Optical Path to 5.75".
- All threads used on the lens system are standard. The back thread of the Micro-Video-Zoom-Objective is the Royal Microscope Society mount and the Video Adapter screws directly into it. The Video Adapter has a standard 1-32 thread C-mount that fits directly into an industrial video camera.
- 2X lens Attachment is available that can give up to 748X with a 2/3" Camera, 9" Monitor, 2X sub lens and 2X Video Adapter, ORDER #2XL re-magnifies the basic image from the .67X, 1X or 2X Video adapters and Zoom Objective, two times or double basic magnification. This 2X lens attachment is also available with Reticle Order #RARP-3.
- We have available as an extra option a POLARIZING FILTER. This is desirable as it eliminates glare back into the optical system which shows up as "HOT SPOTS" on the Video Monitor. These "HOT SPOTS" are caused by highly reflective materials such as circuits on Printed Circuit Boards, many polished metals, mirrors, micro circuit chips and etc. This filter fastens onto the front of the Sub Lens and behind the Fiber Optic Ring Illuminator.
- In the Electronics Industry and other applications, there has been a demand for even larger Fields of View for the Micro Video Zoom Objective. We have resolved this problem by having available on Optional .5X convertor that can be used in conjunction with the zoom system to increase the Field of View. The Field of View is then doubled or increased by 15% depending on the Adapter and Sub Lens combination. The adjustable .5X convertor has 3 adjustable positions: Plus(+), Zero(0) and Minus(-). The Total Magnifications, Working Distances, Fields of View and N/A for the adapter, plus the convertor, can be purchased as an optional extra and is not necessary for the unit to function properly. If purchased, it screws directly into the bottom of the Zoom Objective between the Zoom Objective and the Sub Lens.
- Alignment with the Zoom System is an ever present desire. We have solved this situation by having available 2 Reticle Patterns that can be incorporated directly into the Zoom System. These reticles are available in 3 different forms. Reticle RARP-1 is a simple broken cross hair where Reticle RARP-2 is composed of lines on the Vertical and Horizontal Axis incorporated in the Reticle Adapters RARP-1 or RARP-2 that have to be factory installed and so ordered prior to shipment. Reticle Adapter RARP-3 is identical to Reticle RARP-2 except the image is remagnified 2 times. Whatever the Magnification shown in Table I or II, it is doubled with the Reticle. RARP-3 Reticle Adapter shows many more circles and lines (90 Circles and 90 Lines) on the Vertical and Horizontal Axis as the Reticle Pattern itself is reduced. This Reticle Adapter can be purchased separately and added at any time to the System; as it screws directly in between the Video Camera and top of the Video Adapter. Reticle RARP-3 is recommended if the ultimate in Resolution and Accuracy is desired. It is possible to rotate all three reticles in their Adapters 90 Degrees to align with a work piece or stage movement, by a simple screw adjustment.
Dimensions for Zoom Objective:
- .67X, 1X or 2X Adapter 1.25" Diameter by 4.75" Long.
- Sub Adapter - Used between Zoom Objective and Video Adapter .67X, 1X or 2X is 1" Diameter.
- Zoom Objective - Maximum Diameter 1.50", overall length 3.80".
- Sub Lens .35X or .5X etc. - .35" Wide, .90" Diameter.
- Overall Length of Assembled Unit without Reticle Adapter -10.5"
- Overall Length of assembled with Reticle Adapter 14.25".
- Overall Length with .5X Convertor but without Reticle Adapter - 12.75".
- Overall Length with .5X Convertor and Reticle Adapter and Zoom Lens - 15.875".
- 2XL or RARP-3 add 3.5" to overall length.
- Overall Length LB-90 only 5.75" at 90 Degree.