Developed for performance testing of automotive diesel
and gasoline engines, the Kahn Series 301 hydraulic
dynamometer product line includes four models with
capacities up to 1350 hp (1000 kW) and rotational
speeds up to 7500 rpm.
Designed and built to meet the most demanding engine
test requirements, the Kahn Series 301 dynamometers
offer a number of important design benefits:
- Easy to install and to operate.
- Compact, portable design configuration permits direct, alignment-free installation on the engine flywheel housing.
- Nickel-aluminum-bronze power elements provide superior resistance to cavitation and corrosion.
- Modular design permits quick and easy overhaul; mechanical seal can be replaced in less than one hour.
- Vaned power elements absorb full power in both directions of rotation.
- Positive sealing between water chamber and bearings permits starting under load and performing a full emergency shutdown under load down to zero speed.
- Capable of operating in horizontal and vertical attitude positions.