The SUTX40K SmartOnline® SUTX Series 3-Phase 220/380V, 230/400V or 240/415V 40kVA 40kW On-Line Double-Conversion UPS provides battery backup and AC power protection against power disturbances that can damage electronics or destroy data. It’s recommended for critical data center, LAN/WAN and distributed server room applications.
The SUTX40K’s Voltage and Frequency Independent (VFI) design allows continuous operation at any supported voltage at either 50 or 60 Hz. Zero transfer time to battery mode ensures no disruption to the attached loads. Automatic and Manual Bypass keeps connected equipment powered, even during overloads and UPS maintenance.
IGBT inverter technology produces output power with 1% total harmonic distortion (THD) to keep connected equipment functioning at its peak. A 3:1 crest factor safely supports a variety of loads, even those with wildly fluctuating power demands.
Managing the SUTX40K is simplified through the multi-language LCD interface, which displays critical operating conditions and diagnostic data, such as battery and load status. Four LEDs indicate bypass, line, battery and fault modes. A serial port allows connection to Tripp Lite’s free local shutdown agent. A built-in card slot supports the optional WEBCARDLX network management card for network interface and remote monitoring and control.
VFI True On-Line Double-Conversion 3-Phase UPS System
- Provides fully regulated sine wave AC output for critical data center, LAN/WAN and distributed server room applications
- +/-1% output voltage regulation in online and battery modes
- 1.0 unit power factor offers 40kVA/40kW output capacity, allowing for more connected devices
- Supports 380/220V, 400/230V or 415/240V at 50/60 Hz in continued operation
- Wide input voltage window (228–477V) minimizes battery use and prolongs battery life
Reliable Battery Backup with Expandable Runtime
- Supports half load for 15.5 min. and full load for 5.9 min. with standard internal battery
- Zero transfer time suitable for advanced network applications
- Expandable runtime with optional external battery packs, such as Tripp Lite’s BP480V200
- Restarts automatically after lengthy power outages
IGBT Inverter Technology
- Produces output power with 1% THD to keep connected equipment functioning at its peak
- Low <4% THDi input rating and advanced IGBT rectifier enables 1:1 generator sizing, eliminating costly oversizing requirements for generators, breakers and cables
- Connect up to 4 units in parallel configuration for fault tolerance or increased capacity up to 160kVA
Automatic and Manual Bypass
- Allows maintenance without removing power from attached loads
- Increases system reliability
- Operates at efficiency levels as high as 99% when input line conditions are favorable
Optional Network Management Card
- Compatible with Tripp Lite UPS card accessory WEBCARDLX
- DB9 port enables data-saving unattended shutdown when used with Tripp Lite’s Power Alert software (available via free download at www.tripplite.com/poweralert)
- EPO port supports emergency shutdown in large facilities
Single, Compact Cabinet
- May be installed with either single or dual AC sources for increased availability