The 43 is a wattmeter from Bird. A Wattmeter is an instrument for measuring the electric power (or the supply rate of electrical energy) in watts of any given circuit. Electromagnetic wattmeters are used for measurement of utility frequency and audio frequency power; other types are required for radio frequency measurements.
- Power Range: 100 mW to 10 kW (using Bird® Plug-in Elements)
- Frequency Range: 450 kHz - 2.7 GHz (depending on element)
- Insertion VSWR: 1.05 max. to 1000 MHz (with N Connectors)
- Accuracy: ± 5% of full scale
- Connectors: QC Type (Female N normally supplied)
- Accurate CW field power measurement over 450 kHz to 2.7 GHz and 100 mW to 10 KW.
- Uses industry standard Bird elements with space to store 2 additional within the meter housing
- Rugged metal housing for the most demanding environments
- Quick Change (QC) connectors to minimize the need for adapters when making critical measurements
The Bird Model 43 THRULINE® directional wattmeter is a portable insertion-type instrument for measuring forward and reflected power in coaxial transmission lines. It will accurately measure RF power under any load condition.