- Flow Ranges From 0.18-7.8 GPH Through 9-180 GPM Water
- For Use With a Wide Variety of Conductive Liquids, Acids and Caustics
- Magneto-Inductive Technology with No Moving Parts
- Ryton® Body with Stainless Steel Electrodes or PVDF Body with Hastelloy® C or Tantalum Electrodes
- Electronics Packages Include Frequency or Current Outputs, Adjustable Switches and Integral Totalizers or Batch Controller
- Economically Priced
KOBOLD's MIK series magneto-inductive flowmeter is the perfect solution for measuring the flow of conductive liquids in applications where the reliability and low pressure loss of a magmeter is desired at an economical price compared to higher end models. The MIK measures flow using the magneto-inductive principle. According to Faraday's law of magnetic induction, current is induced into a conductor as it moves through a magnetic field. The amount of current induced is directly proportional to the velocity of the moving conductor. In the case of the MIK, a conductive liquid passing through the meter body acts as the conductor. The meter body contains a set of electromagnetic coils that generate the magnetic field. Electrodes mounted in the meter body, collect the current whose magnitude is proportional to flowrate.