The 58540A is a used Frequency Standard from Agilent. Engineers use direct current (DC) voltage standards to calibrate, standardize, normalize, and monitor drift, verify linearity, and establish regulation in electronic equipment. Standards are important during electronics compliance testing. Phase angle standards are ideal for calibrating many different electronics, including power analyzers, vector voltmeters, phase meters, phase sensitive instruments, and resolvers.
- Front Panel
- BNC connectors for 10 MHz out, One PPS out
- TNC connector for GPS antenna input
- DB9 for RS-232 serial control
- Dual color Alarm LED
- Three pin Amp Mate-N-Loc power connector for 24 Volts, 1 Amp max input. Mating connector is AMP 350766-1 (male shell). Pins are AMP 350690-1.
- Electrical Specifications
- Frequency: 10 MHz Frequency accuracy: less than 1 x 10-11 for a one day average when locked to GPS.
- Time: One PPS Absolute accuracy less than 110 nsec with respect to UTC when locked to GPS.
- Serial Port
- Serial protocol is SCPI. Factory default 9600 baud, 8 data,1 stop bit, no parity.
- Two small circuit boards are inside the receiver enclosure.
- The bottom one is the DC to DC converter. It changes the plus 24 Volt input into plus 5V and plus 12V.
The Agilent 58540A is a cost-effective source of highly accurate time and frequency signals referenced to the global positioning system (GPS).