STEMlab is a multipurpose test and measurement module that has a 50 MHz frequency range with up to 14 bits of resolution. It is a very powerful and precise multifunction measurement tool that can replace a stack of lab instruments.
It is the perfect tool for educators, students, makers, hobbyists and professionals seeking affordable, highly functional test and measurement equipment. The simple and intuitive user interface provides all the necessary tools. High end specifications will satisfy more demanding users looking for powerful tools for their working benches.
All Red Pitaya applications are web-based and do not require the installation of any native software. Users can access them via a web browser using their smartphone, tablet or a PC running any popular operating system (MAC, Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS).
The LCR application will turn your STEMLab into an affordable LCR meter. It is the perfect tool for educators, students, makers, hobbyists and professionals seeking affordable, highly functional test and measurement equipment. The Resistor, Capacitors and Inductors are basic components of all electrical circuits and working on your projects you will definitely need to measure some components laying around on your working bench. The STEMLab LCR meter will enable you to do that quickly and accurately just by switching from one application to another. Note: To use the LCR meter application an additional extension module is needed. The LCR meter extension module is available on our web store. All Red Pitaya applications are web-based and don’t require the installation of any native software. Users can access them via a browser using their smartphone, tablet or a PC running any popular operating system (MAC, Linux, Windows, Android and iOS). The elements on the LCR meter application are arranged logically and offer a familiar user interface similar to bench LCR meters.
MEASURED PRIMARY PARAMETERS: Z, L, C, R
LCR meter application will enable you to measure basic parameters of the passive electrical components: R – resistance, C – capacitance, L – inductance and Z – impedance.
MEASURED SECONDARY PARAMETERS: P, D, Q, E
In addition to main parameters, secondary parameters are also measured and calculated. These parameters are common in describing the properties and the quality of the passive components. P – phase of the impedance (phase between current and voltage on measured component), D – dissipation factor (often used to quantify the quality of the capacitor), Q – quality factor (often used to quantify the quality of the inductor), ESR – equivalent series resistance
SELECTABLE FREQUENCIES: 100HZ, 1KHZ, 10KHZ, 100KHZ
LCR meter enables measurements at 4 different frequencies (100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz). The user can select the desired frequency and the LCR application will use sine signals with the selected frequency to measure the impedance.
RANGE MODES: AUTO, MANUAL
Since the measured values are unknown, the LCR meter will adjust the measuring range providing the best accuracy. If the user expects some value in creating ranges, then the Manual mode can be used.
- Measurements modes: Tolerance, Relative, Normal The “Tolerance” and “Relative” buttons are used for measuring in the Tolerance and Relative mode. When deselected, the LCR meter measures in the Normal mode.
- Tolerance mode: the last value measured before clicking the Tolerance button is saved and used to calculate the percentage difference between the new value and the saved one.
- Relative mode: the last value measured before clicking the Relative button is saved and used to calculate relative difference between the new value and the saved one. Equivalent Parameters calculation circuit: Parallel, Series The Parallel and Series measuring modes refer to using the Series or Parallel equivalent circuit for the parameters (R, C, L...) calculation from the measured Impedance Z *. LCR meters will only measure Z as the complex value Z=|Z|e^(jP) where P is the measured phase and |Z| is the impedance amplitude. All other parameters are calculated from the Series or the Parallel equivalent circuit.
- Export of measured data in .csv format
- Min, Max, Average measurements
- 1000 logging points