Horsepower: 25-700 hp
Capacities: 106-3044 cfm
Standard pressures: 72-203 psig (specific pressure range dependent on model and package chosen)
Kaeser has over 25 years of experience in designing compressor and vacuum packages for Helium applications. We have created customized systems for a wide variety of applications including:
- Gas for metal welding and laser cutting
- Detecting gas for leak tests
- Cooling fluid for machines, reactors and generators
- Heat treating metallic parts
- Medical nuclear magnetic resonance and tomography
- Research and development for cryogenic engineering and coldbox applications
- Helium recovery
One of the most well known applications featuring Kaeser products is the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) located at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland, where liquid helium at 1.9 Kelvin is used for superconducting magnets.
Creating these extremely low temperatures requires extracting liquid helium. A consortium made up of Air Liquide, Linde Kryotechnik AG as well as a service and project management company, Serco GmbH, was awarded the contract for designing and managing the process. Air Liquide engineers selected eight Kaeser HSD-V vacuum pumps as a vital part of this process. The design and overall quality of Kaeser units are essential in ensuring the helium's purity in these and other sensitive applications.