The Batch High Shear Mixer design consists of a single stage four-blade rotor that turns at high speed within a stationary stator. As the rotating blades pass each opening in the stator, they mechanically shear particles and droplets, and expel material at high velocity into the surrounding mix, creating intense hydraulic shear. As fast as material is expelled, more is drawn into the bottom of the rotor/stator generator, which promotes continuous flow and fast mixing.
Series 500 High Shear Mixers include a mechanical seal above the shaft and an ANSI flange to allow the mixer to be anchored to the top of an enclosed vessel. Suitable for either atmospheric or vacuum/pressure mixing, these mixers are designed for applications that require an extra measure of protection against contamination.
The rotor/stator of the batch model is generally positioned 2 - 3 head diameters off the bottom of the vessel, and slightly off center. To ensure adequate suspension of heavier solids, the rotor/stator generator may be positioned in the center of the vessel.
Interchangeable stators provide unlimited flexibility to adopt to a variety of product formulations.
- 1.5 HP through 200 HP
- Driven by an explosion proof (Class 1, Group D), 230/460 V, 3 ph, 60 Hz, inverter duty motor
- Designed to bolt to a standard ANSI flange
- Equipped with a single mechanical seal rated for vacuum operation
- Standard single stage rotor/stator supplied with either disintegrating, slotted, square hole or fine screen stator head
- Stainless steel type 316 wetted parts
- All non-stainless steel external surfaces coated with a white two-part epoxy paint
- Teflon rotor shaft bushing