Hybrid planetary mixers are utilized for creating fine dispersions in viscous mixtures, typically within the viscosity range of 100,000 to 2 million cP. Intense mixing is applied to the product by constantly advancing a high speed disperser and a low speed stirrer into the batch. Solids are quickly incorporated into the viscous bulk material and agglomerates are dispersed regardless of product flow characteristics.
Designs for multiple planetary stirrers and disperser blades are available for more demanding applications.
To date, ROSS has supplied over 2,000 of the model PDDM alone for process industries worldwide.
- Change can design
- Air/oil hydraulic lift to raise and lower agitators to and from the mixing position.
- Two (2) Rectangular Stirrers or High Viscosity “HV” Blades and two (2) High Speed Dispersers
- Agitator drive components and lift system are fully sheathed
- Stainless steel type 304 wetted parts with 80 grit polish
- Non-stainless steel components are finished with a durable two-part epoxy coating
- TEFC 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 60 Hz motors
- Heavy duty carbon steel sealed gearbox with special gearing and belt drive design. Viton lip seals with carbon steel housings on the stirrer shafts.
- Safety limit switches prevent operation of the mixer when the vessel or agitators are not in the mixing position
- Mixer cover is easily removed providing access to upper gearbox area for simple maintenance and cleaning