Vertical Blenders are an excellent design alternative for applications that are shear sensitive or where space on the plant floor is at a minimum.
The gentle blending action of the slow turning blending screw is far gentler than that of a horizontal blender. The blending screw orbits the conical vessel wall while it turns and gently lifts material upward. The materials are then thrust at the upper most batch level towards the center of the vessel, and then move slowly back down the center, while mixing with materials being moved upward by the orbiting screw.
When compared to horizontal blenders this design has several advantages:
- Gentle blending action is ideal for friable or shear sensitive materials.
- One blender can be used for a wide range of batch sizes, ranging from as small as 10% of the rated capacity.
- Nearly 100% of the blended materials are discharged through the bottom valve after completion of the blend cycle.
- Use nearly 50% less power per unit being blended.
- Less floor-space and are ideally suited to multi-story facilities.
- 1 through 500 cubic foot capacity
- Designed for atmospheric operation
- Stainless steel type 304 wetted parts with 80 grit polish
- Non-Stainless steel components are finished with a durable two-part epoxy coating
- Unsupported mixing screw design
- Start under full load
- Support lugs for mounting
- Totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) inverter duty motors designed for 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 50/60 Hz
- Safety limit switch to prevent operation of the agitators when the mix vessel is removed from the mixing position