Ribbon Blenders consist of a U-shaped horizontal trough and a specially fabricated ribbon agitator. A ribbon agitator consists of a set of inner and outer helical agitators. The outer ribbon moves materials in one direction and the inner ribbon moves the materials in the opposite direction. The ribbons rotate at approx. 300 fpm moves materials both radially and laterally to insure thorough blends in short cycle times. Ribbon agitators are used for blends that will be between 40 and 100% of the rated capacity of the blender.
An alternate agitator is our paddle design. The paddles are positioned to move materials in opposing lateral directions and radially. The paddle design is normally applied where friable materials are being blended and when batches as small as 15% of the total capacity are going to be mixed in one blender.
Ribbon and Paddle designs are available in working capacities to over 515 cu.ft. and in either center or end discharge designs.
- 1/2 through 1000 cubic foot capacity
- Stainless steel 304 wetted parts
- Ribbon agitator for center discharge
- Designed for atmospheric operation
- 60 grit finish on interior and exterior stainless steel surfaces
- One, two or three-piece blender cover with silicon gaskets
- NEMA 12 safety limit switches prevent operation of the agitator when cover is raised
- Stuffing boxes with easily disassembled split housing
- Teflon braided packing
- Manually operated knife gate discharge valve
- All exterior non-stainless steel surfaces are painted with a white two-part epoxy coating
- 230/460 volt, 60 Hz, three phase TEFC motor
- Blender is mounted on supports providing a discharge clearance of 36”
- Suitable for product densities up to 64 pounds per cubic foot