Powders like fumed silica, calcium carbonate, titanium dioxide, gums, thickeners and many pigments are difficult to wet out. Even with a strong vortex in an open vessel, they resist wetting out, and often float on the surface for hours.
Our new SLIM technology enables you to wet out powders almost instantly. The SLIM system sucks solids directly into the high shear rotor-stator where they are immediately wetted out and dispersed into the liquid stream. SLIM shortens the mixing process and eliminates dusting-thereby minimizing the volume of airborne particles released into the plant atmosphere. SLIM systems are supplied for installation into existing vessels or as complete stand alone turnkey systems.
- 1.5 HP through 200 HP
- Driven by an explosion proof (Class 1, Group D), 230/460 V, 3 ph, 60 Hz, inverter duty motor
- Designed to bolt to a standard ANSI flange
- Equipped with a single mechanical seal rated for vacuum operation
- Standard single stage rotor/stator supplied with either disintegrating, slotted, square hole or fi ne screen stator head
- Stainless steel type 316 wetted parts
- All non-stainless steel external surfaces coated with a white two-part epoxy paint
- Teflon rotor shaft bushing